14 Mar 2015

Jason Edmiston has Eyes Without a Face


The eyes are the window of pop-culture in 'Eyes Without a Face' solo show at the Mondo Gallery in Austin by Jason Edmiston. Drawing on the most known eyes of pop culture, 
Jason says:



“I had the idea for the show when I was working on my last solo exhibition for Mondo Gallery. I was driving around town with my wife bouncing concepts off of her. I checked my rear view and had the idea. The shape of the mirror made me think of just using a tight cropping of eyes for the basis of a show. I also kind of wanted to see what it would feel like to be in a gallery surrounded by eyes staring at you. It should be quite an experience to stand in the centre of the gallery and slowly rotate 360 degrees, creating a feeling of being watched by your heroes.” via Collider



Each amazing 1:1 ratio piece is hand painted on wood showcasing 150 original pieces inspired by film, music, comics, video games, toys and more. Eyes Without a Face will run from March 13th to April 4th.


No comments:

Post a Comment